Showcasing Kent, Ohio and the surrounding
Northeastern Ohio Region.

Call for Artists

Pride in Kent

Call for Artists

FJKluth Art Gallery

300 North Water St. Suite I Kent, OH 44240

Hours: Wednesday - Saturday, 12 - 5PM



Online Store



Submit Artwork

Dates: September 24th - October 22nd, 2022

Opening Reception: September 24th, 2022 7-9PM

Kent Rainbow Weekend: October 7th & 8th, 2022

The FJKluth Art Gallery is currently looking for LGBTQ+ artists and/or artwork focusing on LGBTQ+ themes for our upcoming exhibition, “Pride in Kent,” that will take place from September 24th, - October 22nd, 2022. The exhibition will also be coinciding with Mainstreet Kent’s Rainbow Weekend on October 7th & 8th, 2022.

Artists interested can submit up to three (3) artwork(s). Acceptable artwork may be original drawings, paintings, sketches, photography, sculpture, and other two- or three- dimensional mixed media work. Artwork that is to be hung on the walls must be no greater than 30” in height or width and no heavier than 20 pounds. Artwork provided that will be displayed on tables or on the floor, depending on the size and artist’s specifications, must be no more than 48” in height, width, or length.

Interested parties can submit their artwork information and images here

Submissions are free. We will be accepting submissions now through Wednesday, September 6th, 11:59pm. Depending on submission quantity and spacing availability, we can only accept a limited amount of artworks. We will contact all artists on what pieces have and have not been accepted of theirs by September 9th, 2022. Accepted artwork can be delivered to the FJKluth Art Gallery the following week beginning Tuesday, September 13th, 2022. If the accepted artwork(s) are not delivered by Wednesday, September 21st, 2022, then we will have to rescind the acception.

Artists shall receive 70% of the monetary value of their artworks if their pieces sell, with the remaining 30% being donated to Kent State LGBTQ+ Center. The Kent State LGBTQ+ Center supports an inclusive environment on all KSU campuses, advocates for all individuals and community groups based on sexual and gender identity, and promotes physical, mental and academic wellness. If you want to find out more about Kent State LGBTQ+ Center, you can visit their website at:

If you have any questions, feel free to contact the FJKluth Art Gallery at:

“Pride in Kent” will open Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 7 pm to coincide with Standing Rock Cultural Arts’ opening exhibition “Inspirations Group - Fiber Art.” The exhibition will be on display through Saturday, October 22nd, 2022 at FJKluth Art Gallery located at 300 North Water Street, Suite I; Kent, OH 44240. The exhibition is free and open to the public.

aroundkent Digital Magazine is a local, regional website containing relevant information about Kent, Ohio, Akron and the surrounding area, including all of Northeast Ohio. Thinking about what to do in Kent?, or where to eat in Kent? Our focus is on art, music, food, family and everything in-between. Our content is sent to us by local professionals so it's both accurate and updated regularly. Our goal is simple: to showcase the amazing people, places and things in and around Kent, Ohio. We are also designers and photographers working on the webflow platform.